DSG is a Group of forward-thinking brands and investments, which specialises in UK motor finance and focuses on compliant technology-driven delivery. During our 31 years in the industry, we have remained at the forefront of technological innovation in motor finance broking, thanks to the ongoing development of our systems and software.
You will be joining DSG Group at an incredibly exciting time as we return to a brand-new office building to add to the current two at our Cheadle campus. We are a fintech company that sees people as its greatest asset and our continuing growth finds us able to offer this exciting opportunity.
We are looking for someone with keen interests in software testing, analysis and data reporting. You will be a key part of our testing service at DSG, designing and executing manual test processes of our bespoke internal systems and customer facing applications so that they meet the needs of the business and our customers. Vast experience of software testing is not required, but we are looking for someone who has transferable skills into the discipline, a keen eye for detail, problem solving, good communication as well as wanting to develop, learn and be a part of a growing team.
You will be instrumental in the testing of our brand new customer facing application, where your role will be to have the mindset of an end user, and recreate their user journey’s. Although you will be a manual tester primarily, there is scope to learn automation if you would like the opportunity to do so. There are also opportunities to get involved with security, performance and regression testing as well as using cross device techniques. This will all give you the foundations to become a great software tester.
Ask the DSG Family what they love best about working here (and we do!) and there is one response that comes up every time: The People. Our relaxed, professional working environment is based on respect and inclusivity. We make a habit of promoting from within – as seen from the number of senior managers who joined as apprentices.
Our full-spectrum wellbeing programme doesn’t just provide support in times of need (like our mental health champions, and 24/7 access to GPs and counsellors), it extends into coaching, job-crafting and encouraging our people to be the best version of themselves. Our bright and spacious new campus has a range of exercise equipment and all our people have access to lifestyle coaching from a qualified PT.
We actively seek business improvement ideas from our colleagues and reward them when they bear fruit. Alongside our lavish annual awards night, we have a monthly peer recognition programme for colleagues who display our core behaviours: Integrity, Growth, Absolute Excellence and Collaboration.
Colleagues are regularly invited to host corporate guests in our executive box at the AO Arena where (Covid allowing) there is a fantastic line-up for 2023.
If being a good corporate citizen is important to you, we donated £17k to charity last year and have committed to jointly raising £21k in 2021. Through our sustainability partner, Mossy Earth, we are contributing to rewilding and reforestation projects in the UK and abroad. Closer to home, our plastic bottle ban, commitment to recycling and electric car charging points help make our world a better place.
- Writing test cases
- Designing testing scenarios
- Working closely with the Lead QA for development and training
- Working face to face with the development team and product owners to take user requirements and produce test scenarios
- Creating and maintaining suitable test environments
- Reporting test results and defects
- Proactively working with the development team
- Running tests
- Recreate end user reported defects
- Identify and carry out regression testing where appropriate
- Working closely with the software engineering team to help ship quality software.
- Create and maintain product knowledge documentation.
- Keen interest in software testing, analysis or data reporting
- Experience in creating test cases
- Be able to hit the ground running and be proactive in manual testing
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well within our development teams
- Great communication and organisational skills with a natural problem-solving mindset
- Previous experience working with Agile methodologies or as part of a team
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Flexible working (2-3 days remote working)
- Workplace pension
- Full sick pay
- 20 days holiday entitlement (& Bank Holidays) plus a day off for your birthday, rising to 26 days after 5 years of service
- Company social events
- Length of service rewards